The Poem Without A Theme

I kept cutting the things I scribbled
Writing something was never so difficult
I contemplated on things and even googled
My pen moved across those words as I again cut!

My mind searched for a topic
For I was in a mood to write
And being topicless felt ironic
However I thought about something light

I thought about love or lost hope
"Love" automatically made me say 'Enrique!!'
His love songs being my favourite among pop.
I had to drop the topic away!

I was still left without a theme
"Friendship" struck me only then
Theme song of 'F.R.I.E.N.D.S' made me beam
Friendship's been sung about so much by men.

"What now?" I thought feeling bored
Teenage, craziness, luck passion or school?
"Help me choose one, Oh Lord!"
I kept pondering for something cool!

Hours and days passed without much hope..
I was left with nothing to write about
I hunted for topics like a super-cop!
I felt like letting my feelings out.

So here I am, writing once again
About the miseries of being topicless
Although it's not much of a misery or pain.
And it definitely relieves me of distress

This doesn't make any sense, I know
You can call this muck or whatever
Writing something helps my mind and so
This is not so foolish or unclever

Never in my life did I think
It would be possible to create a poem with no theme
But now I believe, with a paper, pen and ink
Anything is possible as in a dream!

Comments

  1. This is called the art of writing poems even when you don't have a theme.... :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D :D thanks a lot for that compliment mate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome language di...enikk ippazhe time kittiyollu ninte blog vaayikkan :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh thanks chakkare!!!! :) :) :) thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

മുറ്റത്തെ ചക്കരമാവിൻ ചുവട്ടിലെ ഓർമ്മകൾ

Windows of Joy

Dual Lives