For Auld Lang Syne

Here it is, the last post of the year.

As always, I am spending another New Year's Eve infront of my laptop listening to "Auld Lang Syne". Every year as midnight of 31st December nears, I wish I were doing something other than crafting personalized New Year messages for friends and family. But every year, that's what I end up doing anyway. It's become my favourite New Year's Eve routine now.

The reply messages I get are almost always predictable. There is the plain "Thanks. Happy New Year!", the more excited "Thanksssss!!! Happyyeeee New Yearrrrrr, honey!!!" and sometimes the more festive ones sprinkled with emojis ranging from wine glasses to kissy faces. And ofcourse one or two "Time is just a construct made by us humans that doesn't have any effect on things, man! But anyway, have a good completely arbritarily fixed period!" It's the same every year.  But it's all beautiful.

So why should this year be any different? The only difference this year's eve has for me is this additional blog post.

Though people on facebook collectively are sighing over how bad a year this was, 2016 has been a pretty good year to me. I visited some beautiful places, read some good books, started learning German et al. But more importantly, 2016 marked another year of old friendships staying intact and new friendships being made. Thanks to the ones who helped me, to the ones who came into my life and to the ones who never left. And if I have been able to help you this year in any way, then that is good enough for me.

Happy New Year, you! (3 and a half hours in advance)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

മുറ്റത്തെ ചക്കരമാവിൻ ചുവട്ടിലെ ഓർമ്മകൾ

Windows of Joy

Dual Lives