Silver Sans The Sheen

Today I decided to behold my reflection
And so I stood before a mirror
There I saw looking back at me in all its perfection
Fathomless mediocrity. Oh the horror!

Mediocrity is what engulfs me
Its eternal presence being felt in my every endeavour.
Oh what sadness is this insurmountable mediocrity
When my pen weaves words which are only sour.

Who am I, I asked the image standing as tall as I
‘One among the scores of insignificant bloggers
One among the many unknown, indifferent singers and why!
You are just one in a throng of ungraceful dancers.’

Is this humility I feel as I drown devoid of any inspiration?
Is this the acceptance of who I really am?
Jack of all trades and master of none.
O mediocrity! Fallen have I even onto clichés now, damn!

Still I look into the mirror and see no ray of light
Nothing to look for but the unending cycle of routine
For I am always the grey between black and white
For I am only the silver sans the sheen. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

മുറ്റത്തെ ചക്കരമാവിൻ ചുവട്ടിലെ ഓർമ്മകൾ

Windows of Joy

Dual Lives