The Carcass of My Imagination

I’ll tell you the story of how my imagination was shot
By none but me and why I crafted that disturbing plot.
I had to free my imagination when in the clutches of clichés it was caught
What else could I do when unruly words too went on their own trot?

For long I tried but colourless words were all I ever wrote
Words that were always far less too eloquent than what I’d have thought
Over the blank page once again I saw them menacingly gloat
Before parting with my imagination and leaving it to rot.

So I slew it and then the carcass of my imagination, I watched it float
On the white expanse like a capsized boat
Near to it lay undead yet lifeless like a big blot
Of blood, words, nay- remnants of a lost battle I once fought.

Trickled from the carcass of my imagination like blood that wouldn’t clot
Few absurd words and to bury the carcass, my pen I mournfully sought
And a eulogy I searched in the depths of my ink pot
Rest in peace, I wrote. The saddest cliché of the lot.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

മുറ്റത്തെ ചക്കരമാവിൻ ചുവട്ടിലെ ഓർമ്മകൾ

Windows of Joy

Dual Lives