To Georgie

Georgie,

You wanted me to write a review of you. If this were a "slam book" (remember those?!) or an autograph book, I would have crafted brilliant best friends forever quotes for you. But this is my blog. So I honestly don't know what to write, man! How do I review someone who has been a such an inseparable part of my life as you? I'm clueless.
Would my life have been the same without you there? No. It would have been a whole lot different, a whole less crazier, a whole less exciting.
Who would have given me the green sign to mentally date Daniel Radcliffe and obsess about marrying him one day? Who would have been the first to read all my Harry Potter fan fictions if not for you? Who would I have shamelessly narrated all my dreams involving Dan to? Who would I have created an orkut fake id with?! Who would I have shared a normal (?) teenage with?
Fact is, you know me in all my glory and all my ignominy. And I know you the same. If I start listing down the things I am thankful to you for, the list would just go on. You know the reasons.
For all the million little words of appreciation and criticism, for the expulsions, EVS classes, Computer classes, Manjeri Bus rides and K.R Bakery trips, for all the green signals you still give for ze dudes that I like, for all the times we have whooped Gopi's arse on group chats, for Harry Potter, for Fort Kochi, for being there with me in all of them, I love you.
Oh wait, didn't you say review? You ain't gettin' one. This is what you're getting instead.

Fred.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

മുറ്റത്തെ ചക്കരമാവിൻ ചുവട്ടിലെ ഓർമ്മകൾ

Windows of Joy

Dual Lives