Random thoughts

What are the things that I hate about myself? Um, that's a difficult one. The question is not that simple. If I start answering it, doesn't it mean I don't love myself completely? Isn't that harmful for me as a person? So, I am rephrasing it for the better.

What are the things or traits that I have that I could change inorder to be a better version of myself? Now, that sounds much better! And clearly doesn't indicate any self-loathing.

1. I am increasingly getting aware of the fact that I can be a very distant person to those whom I love. I am also aware that this tendency is weird, if not strange. The closer I get to a person, the more I am comfortable ignoring the little things that tell them I love them. I am just bad at expressing love. Till I joined college, the thought of hugging people on feeling happy was unthinkable for me. But then, college and new friends happened. And now, I can hug people. (phew!) But I still remain aloof in many other situations.

2. I probably am the worst person to come to when you seek good advice. I realize, I possess none of the skills required in balancing the acts of offering consolation and a practical viable solution. I just can't strike the right balance there, no matter how I try. You either get the practical solution or the consolation. Not both.

3. I am a very bad orator. I suck so bad at conveying things across sometimes.

4. I absolutely suck at flirting. I am slowly coming to terms with the possibility that I may remain single till death.

(From the archives)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On being on the cusp of 22.

Days in the Land of Red Walls

The Little Girl That I Was