Sans You, My Love

Lost on this lonely path
I look ahead to see nothingness
Immured am I by the unceasing wrath
Of bygone times and their mores.

Once you came into my life
Painting it with hues of happiness
But now how am I to survive?
Sans you my love, all I am is hapless.

As violence that I’ve always abhorred
Spurned all my dreams in one terrifying moment
What could I have gifted you but all the tears I shed?
For you lay cold beneath a blanket of blood marking an end.

Wasn’t I always a mere spectator of the games life played?
And so before my eyes changed everything
Once a vibrantly coloured canvas, it is now drained
All that I have are faded colours and a ponderous ring.

What does the unending expanse of white symbolise?
Wanness, worry or woe?
Or perhaps it is the colour of hope and poise.
For it is white with no tinge of blue.

With five metres of pure white draped
A forlorn and dispassionate lady I see in the mirror.
With no traces of saffron on her forehead
With no vestige of sanguinity either.

What should I say about you to our baby angel?
How is he to know why his father is never around?
How should I teach him to never be fragile?
Sans you, my love I meander on never unbound.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

മുറ്റത്തെ ചക്കരമാവിൻ ചുവട്ടിലെ ഓർമ്മകൾ

Windows of Joy

Dual Lives