When Memories Crucify Me

Alone, I sit and weep
So often, I've lost the count
With stagnant pain as they seep
Mercilessly into my thoughts
The wretched memories and grief I can't surmount.

So many summers have come and gone
Still, I burn in my memories
As they keep speaking to me in a hateful tone
And the painful remembrance kills me.
Years has it been. Is this an eternal disease?

Memories are all that I have with me
Yet they're all that I want to lose
The agonizing images will never leave me be
At destiny's mercy, I am forever chained
To the innumerable memories and now, on me they deluge.

For what can I do at all
When my key to freedom is what locks me?
I scream, I writhe and I fall.
On this endless cycle moves my life
Knowing too well I am nowhere close to liberty.

I've been waiting for an absolution
I deserve an escape from my memories.
To smile freely for once is my resolution.
For then a new life will spring
The pain will subside and my heart will find peace.

But in my days on this lonely isle
I've forgotten happiness, there's only a longing to be freed.
If only I could forget things altogether and smile
In forgetfulness but no! Memories crucify me
And so I wait and bleed! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

മുറ്റത്തെ ചക്കരമാവിൻ ചുവട്ടിലെ ഓർമ്മകൾ

Windows of Joy

Dual Lives